So without further ado here are the links relating to vaginal birth after birth trauma - mostly after birth trauma resulting from cesarean, but there are some that are also relevant to vaginal delivery after a traumatic vaginal delivery.
Vaginal Birth after Traumatic Caesarean Birth Links
1. http://www.bellybelly.com.au/post-natal/emotional-scars-caesarean-birth - article on various types of emotional trauma.
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesarean_section - small section/paragraph under “Risks For The Mother”.
3. http://www.pregnancy.com.au/birth-choices/vbac/index.shtml - links to resources and information.
4. http://www.pregnancy.com.au/birth-choices/vbac/vbac-articles/vaginal-birth-after-caesarean.shtml - following on from the previous link.
5. http://birthtraumatruths.wordpress.com/2010/11/06/women-suffering-from-birth-trauma-are-not-just-being-selfish/ -traumatic birth after cesarean, includes stories from both sides, those happy to have a c-section and those who were/are traumatized by it.
6. http://www.womenshealthcaretopics.com/VaginalBirthvsCesareanSection.html - VBAC pros and cons.
7. http://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/healing_trauma.asp - PTSD, PPD and trauma article.
8. http://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/emotional_impact.asp - The emotional impact of c-sections.
9. http://www.mumslounge.com.au/lifestyle/pregnancy/1349-ask-the-childbirth-educator-vaginal-birth-after-caesarean-vbac.html - good information on having a successful VBAC.
10. http://www.canaustralia.net/ - Cesarean Awareness Network Australia, another good source of information.
11. http://consumerjusticegroup.com/birth-injuries/vbac/ - interesting article on VBAC, but seems to have a slightly pro-cesarean slant to it by mentioning more of the risks of VBAC and glossing over many of the risks of having a repeat cesarean.
12. http://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth/vbac-birth-tips-advice-from-VBAC-mums - another BB article with answers from VBAC mums to questions asked by Kelly.
13. http://healyourearlyimprints.com/blog/?p=70 – good article on cesarean trauma and the interventions that lead up to it.
14. http://www.vbac.com/emotional-healing-after-a-cesarean/ - good article help for dealing with the trauma of an unwanted cesarean prior to having a VBAC.
15. http://www.birthtalk.org/BirthingAgainFAQs.html - good questions and answers.
16. http://health.ninemsn.com.au/pregnancy/labourandbirth/695308/vaginal-birth-after-caesarean - awesome article on VBAC! Also has links to some websites that I have already listed plus others.
17. http://www.vbac.com/support-groups/ - already listed one link, but this one is for the support groups.
18. http://www.solaceformothers.org/mothers-forum.html - birth trauma support community.
19. http://melbournedoula.blogspot.com.au/2008/06/birth-review-tool-for-de-briefing-after.html - A great post-birth debriefing tool.
*PS - Regarding link #19, I will be passing this link on to future clients and printing off copies for clients that will be in their "Birth Packs" that they will receive when they hire me (these packs will be separate from the introductory packs handed out during the first meeting).