"Your birth. Your body. Your baby. Your choice. Your way. Even when the shit hits the fan and you have to change your original plans."
Currently AVAILABLE for Pregnancy and Birth Support bookings - Contact now to find out if I'm available around your EDD!
You can email or call to arrange a no obligation interview.
FOOTPRINTS & RAINBOWS Pregnancy and Birth Support Services was founded by Jenna Edgley in March 2012 in the state of Victoria with the dream of providing birthing families with the support (both mental/emotional and physical) and education that she had found, from being a birthing person herself, to be lacking in her local area.
Since then FOOTPRINTS & RAINBOWS has not only moved states from Victoria to QLD, it has grown and changed - while still keeping that support and education available to all clients - and now has an additional focus on several other issues that may affect the clients who are called to use FOOTPRINTS & RAINBOWS services:
- Promoting awareness of women's rights in childbirth (and also patients rights in a hospital setting in general).
- Promoting informed consent and what that means legally, ethically and morally.
- Promoting awareness of women's reproductive health issues.
- Providing tailored 1-on-1 support to clients experiencing anxiety and/or mental health issues.
- Promoting awareness of birth trauma in its myriad of variations.
- Promoting accessibility for VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) even after multiple cesareans for those who wish to undertake that journey.
- Providing tailored 1-on-1 support during pregnancy after pregnancy and/or infant/child loss.
- Providing tailored 1-on-1 support for high risk pregnancies.
FOOTPRINTS & RAINBOWS promotes mindset work and pregnancy and postpartum planning as part of the Doula Support Services, designed to help clients find out what it is that they really want from their births and to try and help improve postpartum mental/emotional health outcomes.
The focus is always solely on the client and her wants and needs, and FOOTPRINTS & RAINBOWS feels that a combination of preparation - mental & emotional (including mindset), physical and educational - while working with the client and, by proxy, the clients other support people and care providers, is the key to improving outcomes for the families involved even when things have gone to shit and nothing is working out the way it was hoped or planned.
As the motto above states - "Your birth. Your body. Your baby. Your choice. Your way. Even if the shit hit's the fan and you have to change your original plans."
Copyright FOOTPRINTS & RAINBOWS 2012-2020